When circumstances make you being apart from your partner, at first, you may feel it as a catastrophe but, then, you have to build a strategy on how to maintain the long-distance relationships (which abbreviate LDR) with someone you really need. It can be a challenging task but not impossible. Surprisingly, studies have shown that though 56% of people consider LDR abnormal, people who have such relationship feel not less satisfied or frustrated, according to Readersdigest.ca. Sometimes, partners even develop more intimacy when staying in touch from far away. We hope our pieces of advice can help you to meet the challenge of LDR consciously and without a negative attitude toward them.
- Make it clear about your real goals and expectations.
- Have a straight talk about fidelity.
- Learn how to talk about your feelings.
- Quality of communication is more important than frequency.
- Keep your sexual life.
- Engage in safe sex with yourself.
- Enjoy being alone.
- Schedule your real-life meetings.
- Take advantage of being apart.
- Do not turn bad visits into drama.
- Fights can be good.
- Remember: Neither your partner nor you are perfect.
- Trust, trust, and trust.
- Set the term of your trial.
- Don’t think it’s not possible.